Tuesday 31 January 2012

59/111 - Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde

Naturally this is the second book in the Thursday Next series, and also highly enjoyable. I think there are around 5 altogether? Something I found quite difficult when I was working at Waterstone's (and still find difficult) is establishing which order these books go in. Impossible!

I'm not going to say too much more about this series for the time being, as I'm going to dive right into the next instalment and devour it like I did with this one. However I'm liking this series more and more - it really reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide books, only with a badass female character and absurd in a very literary way. I also really like the way that the author is able to create some genuinely sad and touching moments, too.

Next: The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde

No comments:

Post a Comment