Sunday 12 August 2012

100/111 - How to Stay Sane by Philippa Perry




Finally finished reading this after buying it at the airport a little while ago once I had finished everything I had already brought with me. I have already bought a couple of books from this series, which is called 'The School of Life' but this is the first one in the series I have actually read.

I think the idea of this series of books is kind of like the 'very short introductions' but more like for psychology and development, I guess. I have two other titles in the series, one about work and one about sex.

This book was surprisingly similar to 'Rip It Up' which I read recently. Again, it talks a lot about behaviour and the way that affects the way we feel, and it also explores how much choice we have in the way we react to things and the way we shape our lives. I especially liked the parts about how we end up repeating the same patterns in our lives over and over again, and if we eventually want to break out of them, then we have to recognise them and acknowledge them and do something to change them. That sounded way too deep.

I think I'm struggling for things to say because I'm also watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics while I'm writing this, and it's SO DULL. Holy shit, it's awful. I didn't see any of the opening ceremony, so I can only hope it was more interesting. I'm only watching it in the hopes of seeing the Spice Girls soon.

That's all for now. This was a fairly cool book but didn't blow me away or anything. There's a couple of things I want to try next, so not totally sure what I'll be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment